Brookfield Family Law Blog

Lost your job? Revisiting your child support payments

Your child custody arrangement does not suit your situation anymore. Perhaps you were just notified that your position will be terminated at your company. Without income, how will you pay child support, or even support yourself?

In Wisconsin, modifying child support requires a judge to understand multiple elements through a court order. If the order is granted, the judge will determine that a change in payment proves equal and valid for all parties involved. Most importantly, the court will ensure that you and your former spouse provide financial care for your children.

Contact the Firm

Contact Our Firm for a Free Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


N14W23755 Stone Ridge Drive
Suite 210
Waukesha, WI 53188

Phone: 262-373-9742
Fax: 262-792-0854
Waukesha Law Office Map